Lagar & Förordningar
Dokumentet som PDF i original:31982H0922.pdf
82/922/EEC: Commission Recommendation of 17 December 1982 to national railway undertakings on the definition of a high-quality international passenger transport system
Official Journal L 381 , 31/12/1982 P. 0038 - 0039
Spanish special edition: Chapter 07 Volume 3 P. 0149
Portuguese special edition Chapter 07 Volume 3 P. 0149
of 17 December 1982
to national railway undertakings on the definition of a high-quality international passenger transport system
THE COMMISSION OF THE EUROPEAN
Having regard to the Treaty establishing the European Economic Community,
Having regard to the importance of international passenger transport for both railway undertakings and users,
Having regard to the need to improve still further the services provided,
Having regard to the range of high-quality international passenger transport services;
Having noted the efforts made by the railway undertakings in these areas,
Invites the national railway undertakings to:
- study the possibility and means of providing a high-quality international passenger network in accordance with the guidelines laid down in the Annex,
- inform the Commission before 1 May 1983 of progress made in giving effect to this recommendation.
This recommendation is addressed to:
Société nationale des chemins de fer belges
85, rue de France
De danske Statsbaner
DK-1307 Koebenhavn K
Société nationale des chemins de fer français
88, rue Saint-Lazare
F-75436, Paris, Cedex 09
(Federal Republic of Germany);
oeOrganismós Sidirodrómon Elládos, AE
(Republic of Ireland);
Azienda Autonoma delle Ferrovie dello Stato
Piazza della Croce Rossa
Société nationale des chemins de fer luxembourgeois
9, Place de la Gare
Boîte postale, 1803
(Grand Duchy of Luxembourg);
N. Nederlandse Spoorwegen
NL-3500 HA Utrecht
British Railways Board
222 Maryleborne Road
UK-London NW1 6JJ
Northern Ireland Railways Company Limited
East Bridge Street
UK-Belfast BT1 3PB
Done at Brussels, 17 December 1982.
For the Commission
Member of the Commission
Factors taken into account for a high-quality international day-time and night-time passenger service network
1. Market surveys should continue to be carried out on a permanent basis for each route on the main network of inter-urban routes in Europe.
2. These surveys should also consider the possibilities of developing night and rail-road services.
3. The overriding objective should be to establish a high-quality international network the technical, financial and commercial management of which is as free as possible from the constraints affecting domestic railway services whilst ensuring the necessary consistency with these services.
4. Undertakings should conclude, as soon as possible after the market surveys, agreements on high-quality international passenger services, particularly concerning:
- frequency and higher commercial speeds,
- use of the most up-to-date techniques to provide a high-quality service (make-up of trains, engines),
- assurance of good connections,
- customer service (dining facilities, information, telecommunications, liaison with other modes).
5. National railway undertakings of the Community shall coordinate their efforts with those of interested railway undertakings from third countries.